Monday, January 23, 2012

Maddie's Basketball


I tried to get her to be number 10 but she insisted on 13




It's FINALLY HERE! Basketball season has started and so far it's been fun yet surprisingly challenging. That is.....fun for Maddie, challenging for me, haha! I'm helping coach her team so I haven't been able to get any pictures of her on the court yet but I will try and get some video footage soon. So far we have played 3 games and won our first but lost our last two. Maddie is improving slowly but surely. I have to remind myself that she is only in first grade and it's okay if she doesn't have one competitive bone in her body :). So far, I've witnessed her doing cartwheels in warm up, skipping down the court during a game, handing the ball to a girl who was trying to steal the ball from her and smiling as she runs down the court dribbling the ball looking at me on the bench and mouthing the words "am I doing good?" Oh and last game I finally got her to shoot the ball and some really tall girl stuffed it right back down. Meanwhile I sit on the bench and try and bite my tongue and smile and tell her how awesome she is doing. HAHA! On the positive, she still says she likes basketball, she gets out there every game with a smile on her face and seems to be having lots of fun. Oh and she looks really cute too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment