Monday, May 4, 2009

Relaxing Weekend


We had a nice relaxing weekend. It was great weather and we spent a lot of time outside in the back yard, taking walks and going to the park. On one of our walks, we were strolling along the side of the street and I am looking ahead of us on the street and what do I see..... a dead squirrel. In my head, I start thinking up this whole spiel about what I'm going to tell Maddie because I know it is just a matter of seconds before she sees this dead squirrel and the questions start rolling in. I'm thinking I can tell her the squirrel is tired and taking a nap and bla bla bla when we come up upon and I see Maddie look right at it. I'm watching her face to see if I can read what she's thinking. She turns up her nose and looks at Matt and I and says "THAT SQUIRREL IS DEAD!" And that was it, she was done. She had no other questions, no contemplations about life and death, nothing. Her comments never cease to surprise me!
Matt kicked a ball and hit Maddie right in the stomach and so she was mad at him and decided to put him in "Time Out"

No comments:

Post a Comment