Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Week after Christmas

The week after Christmas was such a fun and relaxing week with Matt and the girls. When we returned to Emporia on Saturday, we returned to about a foot of snow on the ground and even bigger snow drifts. On Monday Matt was very anxious to get the girls out and play in the snow. He decided to pull them on our "sledd" behind his truck while driving up and down our street. I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant to let him do this but after seeing the smiles on the girls faces, I knew it was worth it. They were both holding on for dear life and having a blast. The neighbors driving by were giving him some funny looks but he kept doing it until the girls little fingers couldn't take it anymore.



Before they went out in the snow



Kynzie trying to wave and hold on at the same time




Maddie having a blast





Kynzie hanging on for dear life!

On Tuesday, we had to go back out and play in the snow again. Matt started building a snowman until Kynzie decided to be Kynzella and knock it over. Maddie and I decided to build our own snowman. I had not built a snowman since I was a little kid. It was kind of fun to get out and play in the snow. Maddie was pretty proud of it.



That night we decided to take the girls to "The Princess and the Frog." We had been telling Maddie that we would take her to see that movie sometime over break. We weren't sure how Kynzie would do during the movie but she ended up doing great. We got a big popcorn and pop and that seemed to entertain her through the entire thing. Although she did have to take about 10 bathroom breaks......and always during the good parts too. Matt was too involved in the movie to take her so I was always the one that had to leave. It was a really cute movie though and I'm glad were all able to go and watch it.

By Wednesday I had finally recouperated from the time we were gone and got the laundry caught back up and house cleaned and organized again! That night Matt and I had a crazy moment as parents and decided to take the girls bowling at 9 pm.....they had leagues until then. The girls had a really fun time with this. Even Kynzie was able to carry the little 6 lb. ball up there and roll it down one of those ramps. They had the bumpers on their lanes so I'd say they both did better than their parents :)

Thursday was spent in the kitchen getting stuff ready for that night and weekend and also packing up suitcases AGAIN! Just when I felt settled back in, we got the suitcases out to pack up for the weekend. That night we went over to Welch's for New Year's Eve and brought the girls with us for dinner. About 7:30 pm I ran them home and gave them a quick bath and met the babysitter at our house. We spent the rest of the evening at Welch's while the girls got a good night sleep so they were ready for another long weekend.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome sledding! What a great idea to use for a sled! (I would do the same thing, but I'm pretty sure my husband would call the cops on me! hahahaha)

    ReplyDelete