Sunday, October 3, 2010

Updates

Everyone is doing great. We are loving this cooler weather and enjoying our weekends doing fun stuff. We took the girls to the Renaisance Festival a few weekends ago and it was a very "interesting" time. I wish I would have brought my camera because we saw some crazy stuff. I'm excited to take the girls to the pumpkin patch. Maddie's class is taking a field trip there in a couple of weeks and I hope to be able to go with her. I got to go with McKynzie on her class field trip to the zoo a couple of weeks ago and it was a lot of fun to see her around her friends. She really is very quiet. Her teachers tell me that she is very shy and quiet but very good in school so I guess that is good. That's certainly a change from how she is at home. Again, I forgot my camera on her school field trip :(.

We continue to try out different churches here in Gardner on Sundays. Last week I think we might have found one that we really like. It is a Baptist church. We'll see. That was our 6th church to go to. We have liked things about all of the churches, if only we could just take what we like about each one and put them together to make our "perfect" one. It's funny how the girls like some more than others too. I have no idea what they are basing it off of but they have said they liked some more than others. Oh well, I know we will find a church home soon. It has been kind of fun to go to different ones and we have met several people this way.

Matt's enjoying his laid back schedule right now. So different from Emporia. He is done at 2:50 pm every afternoon and gets to come home, go to the gym, mess around and then wait for us to get home. Basketball will be starting for him before we know it though. I still absolutely love my job. We went on a staff retreat to the Royals game last night and it was a lot of fun. Everyone is so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment