Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Last weekend of swimming

OHHHH, what a weekend we had! I'm sure most of you know about what happened to us on Friday night. And if you don't, I can't even begin to write about it on this blog. It's one of those that has to be told in person or on the phone.

Anyways, this weekend was sooo hot. Saturday we took both girls to the wading pool. We met Avery and Addison there to play with. Maddie is so proud of herself. She can now put her head completely underwater. She was always too scared to do it before. Little Kynzie just dunks herself in the water every chance she gets and comes up laughing and wanting to do it again. She has no fears. Sunday.... another hot day.... I decided to take just Maddie out to the aquatic center while Kynzie was taking a nap. We had such a good time. It was really fun to spend time with just Maddie and let her do whatever she wanted out there. We went from the pool to slide to lazy river back to slide to pool to slide and so on. We would go down the slide and she would say "let's do it again" so we would go down again and then she'd say "let's do it two more times" so we would go down and again and then she'd say "let's do it three more times and then that's it." It was pretty funny. She couldn't get enough. After spending a couple hours out there, the lifeguards blew their whistles for a pool break and I figured this was my best chance to get her to go. I told her she could take a shower in the locker rooms. She loves the showers in the locker rooms at the pool. I think it is because the water is nice and warm and feels good after being in the pool and she also doesn't get to take showers at home very often. Anyways, I had to explain to her what a pool break was because she just couldn't understand why everyone had to get out of the pool. So I said it was to give everyone a little break from swimming. Well..... she went into the locker room and was in the shower... taking forever and I looked in there and she was sitting down and I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Oh I just had to take a shower break." ha ha! When we got out to the van, Maddie looked at me and said "thanks momma, I had so much fun" aww, melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment