Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekend Surprise

We surprised everyone by going back home this weekend. Maddie has been begging us for weeks now to go see her gwama's and gwampa's and since we don't have to worry about packing and moving now, we thought it was a good time to go. It was good seeing everyone. We took the girls out on the golf course Saturday afternoon for the first time..... that was interesting. They both just really wanted to drive the cart but we did get Maddie to hit a few balls. She really wanted to hit a ball off a tee so she tee'd it up herself and wacked it about 10 yards. I think she hit one more time and was done. Then she was back to doing cartwheels in the grass. Matt and I got two holes in before the rain and on the first hole Matt informed me that I did NOT get my golf skills from my family! The second whole, I pulled out Jamie's BIG daddy driver and drove it way past him. He didn't have anything to say after that. :)

Sunday we visited Coco and Grandma Brenda for breakfast. Maddie barely said hi and was off to her favorite room "the Pink room." Then it was hot tub time for the girls and Matt and I drove around town on the golf cart, (only in Burdett)!! It was yummy fried chicken day at the club for lunch and we got to eat with everybody. Then it was back to Emporia. Kynzie fell asleep right away and slept until Newton where we stopped and played at a park for a while. Right outside Newton, Maddie fell asleep until Emporia. Fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment